Re: [NTLK] Y2010 bug diagnostic package

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 18:33:31 EDT

Well, After removing the batteries from my 2100, all memory cards, holding the reset *AND* power buttons for about a minute (this drains the super-cap) and then letting it sit for 2 hours without power, I got my Newt back up and running...digitizer is working again.
I started the Newt with no packages and then tried to perform a backup...
Hmmm, seems that I have a corruption in my names and notes...they won't backup...
Looking at them in TrashPak, I notice that they both are over 600k in size...
Am I hallucinating, or is there a theoretical maximum size that these files can be?
If I use TrashPak to "move" these soups to the card can it be moved back? I'm thinking I may want to do a brain wipe, but without a backup of my names and notes, this is not possible.
Ed
web/gadget guru
By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."