[NTLK] Slowing Newt 2x00 = aging flashcard?

From: Brett Feinblatt <bafein_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 08:20:14 EDT

Got a question for those in the know.
I've got an upgraded N2000 with a 30 meg flashcard. Got it in 2001.

In the last year or so, I've noticed that everything seems to be
slowing down. At first, I thought it was just that I had a lot of
entries in PocketMoney, but even after summing up the last couple
years, it still pops up the Newton lightbulb for like five seconds
while saving/adding/changing info. And it isn't just PocketMoney; now
NotePad, NewtonWorks and so forth seem to be slowing.

I use the flashcard as primary storage, given its greater capacity. I
know that these cards have a limited lifespan, though, and I suspect
my card may be approaching a limit. Is there any source of newer/
lesser used cards, or maybe a flashcard-style adapter you can use
with smaller, more recent storage cards?

Thanks

--
Support bacteria--it's the only culture some people have.