Re: [NTLK] Jaggies with adapter

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2009 - 21:53:45 EDT

This is actually common and not something to be too alarmed about - assuming it is not happening when batteries are in.

In the Newton's Law book, the authors actually discuss this problem. The reason this is happening is that there are more variable currents when plugged into AC power than with batteries. The fluctuations in current cause the digitizer in the screen to mis-localize the stylus, in this case ever so slightly. This would also explain why it happens more as you move your stylus towards the power source.

In short, the Newton was not necessarily designed to be used whilst tethered to AC power. Just get Eneloop rechargeable batteries and and battery tray for your Newton, or obtain a rebuilt battery pack.

All the best,

Ryan