[NTLK] A hardware question

From: M. Horvat <redjazz_slo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 15:21:21 EDT

How many of the chips (and other components) used in Newton devices are still in production? I'm mostly worried about the flash memory, as it only has a finite number of write cycles, and since the Newton saves data each time you e.g. enter new text into a note, it probably uses up those cycles faster than other devices. (Also, what happens when flash memory wears out? I read the whole articles on flash memory on Wikipedia, but I didn't find the answer. Google couldn't find it either.)

-Matej Horvat