Re: [NTLK] Ooops... The Y2010 Patch Remover killed my Newton's Wifi

From: Eckhart Koeppen <lists_at_40hz.org>
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 15:01:49 EDT

Morgan Aldridge wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 6:19 PM, RAParker<quadzillanet@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> I'm working from the assumption that the (ahem... hacked) v1.08a of Hiroshi's WaveLAN is appearing not compatible with this factory ROM. All the other NIE packages don't seem to be an issue.
>
> What hacked version of Hiroshi's WaveLAN driver are you using? There's
> really no need to hack it as the registration-free version is included
> with the source:

It looks like Ron's problem is the pretty ancient ROM version 717006 his
Newton went back to after applying the patch remover. That version seems to
have a bug in the function which handles unrecognized cards, and is very
likely fixed in one of the later patches. At least in 717260, things seem to
be ok.

Eckhart