Re: [NTLK] Pen computing is dead... long live the iNewt

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 03:45:49 EDT

On Aug 16, 2009, at 12:25 AM, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:

> Yeah, but isn't this just a bank of
> college students typing your
> transcript to text? I don't think it's
> machine recognition at all...

I don't think so. I checked out the facts online it seems like that it's pretty legit, interesting reviews and actually quite fascinating. I imagine I would be able to improve the accuracy quite a bit with a little practice... Learning how to talk more natural instead of anticipating the fact that I actually recording myself for transcribing.

I'm still waiting for some support answers re: the QuickVoice app for the iPhone and free Mac and Windows versions of the app.

Never-the-less, it very well may be the Holy Grail of text entry on the iPhone.

No stylus... No keyboard... Just speak to type.

Ron

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
 |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
My name is RAParker. I own a Newton and a Mac.