[NTLK] Flash card power usage & stuff

From: M. Horvat <redjazz_slo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Aug 23 2009 - 12:00:19 EDT

We were talking about flash chips some time ago, and someone suggested to just use a flash card to store everyting. Well, I have three questions:

1. While that would reduce wear on the interal flash chip, Newton-compatible cards are increasingly rare. Before anyone mentions ATA, let me tell you there's this thing called OS 1.x. (By using that term I've probably reduced the chance of having that question answered by 50%, but let's hope not :)

2. Do flash cards use any extra power when they are not read or written to?

3. How about heap? (Assuming there aren't any packages installed on that card or they are all NewtCased or frozen)

-Matej Horvat