Re: [NTLK] Need a Desktop Stand

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 23:20:20 EDT

Hello,

--- On Tue, 8/25/09, SteveC <steve@craftsathome.net> wrote:

>Like I mentioned before, I have a real 2100 coming, and was wondering >where I can get a stand that will hold the device at a 30-degree
>angle in portrait or landscape position. I'd like to use my keyboard with >it as well as write on it when it's on the desk.

You didn't mention whether or not the 2100 that's en route to you is coming with a case, so I'm guessing it isn't. If that is so, you may want to pick up one of the black Cordura nylon Newton cases:

http://tinyurl.com/kkcxad

I can't speak to how well it works with the Newton in a vertical orientation, (I always used mine in landscape) but perhaps someone else on the list can comment on how well it does (or perhaps doesn't) work like that.

Here's a set of photos from Sonny Hung's photostream that shows off the case to best advantage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/sets/72157594291889068/

It's a stylish, hard-wearing case that looks good either on your desk or on the road, with the embroidered Newton logo setting it off quite nicely. :) The cases were fairly common in the Newton's heyday, but I'm not sure what one might go for nowadays.

Best,

James Fraser