[NTLK] New Newton user! Also, question re. connecting to Vista PC.

Reilly001os at aol.com Reilly001os at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 14:33:11 EST 2009

Welcome Bjorn,
The 130 is a good choice, I too have one.... along with a 110, 2100, and a box full of emates! I haven't used vista much but I'm pretty sure that an HP wouldn't have a localtalk port, that port is probably an s-video out port which looks identical to an ADB port and almost like a Mac serial port (thanks goes out to Dennis for informing me that s-video and ADB are twins) . I use Mac computers with a usb to pc serial adapter (standard 9 pin serial) to connect my Newton with a Newton to pc serial cable which you can find on the net at most Newton parts resellers (sorry names of said places escape me at the moment and I'm away from desk). I'm not sure what software you'd use on the pc side for vista but I hope that helps with your cabling question. Again, Welcome! This is a great group to be a part of but you'll find that out soon enough :-)

Joe Reilly