[NTLK] 2010 patch

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 16:16:50 EST 2009

As the new year rapidly approaches I am hoping that Eckhart's patch is
installed on all vulnerable Newtons.
This I believe is a system patch that must be installed via a
connection package such as NCU, NCX or NTC.  Card lending or other
card based approaches won't work.

If you don't know........
Check your ROM version.  The patched ROMs are.

2.1 (71J059)-1  English 2x00
2.1 (73J186)-1  eMate
2.1 (74J185)-1 German 2x00

If yours is not patched see
<http://40hz.org/Pages/Newton%20Year%202010%20Problem>

If you have no way of installing the patch lets hear from you.

I can help 10 folks out .  Perhaps others can help out too if there is
a need.

Contact me off list and I will perform the patch for you free.  You
will need to provide return postage.  The 2100 will fit the small
fixed rate box so postage would be $4.95 each way.  eMate fits the
medium box so postage would be $10.35 each way.

Woody