[NTLK] eMate hinges

Clinton Yelvington cyelvington at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:27:30 EST 2009

Hello list,

After seeing the recent eMate hinge discussion on here, I got curious
and partially disassembled mine to check on the hinge nearest the
display ribbon. Turns out it's partially begun to have the problem,
but both ends are still under the screw. To be safe, I lubricated it,
hoping it might make the spring last longer, but I get the feeling
this might only be a short-term fix. I've been known to ruin apple
products disassembling them, so I dare not attempt the hinge repair.
My 2100's already being fixed and I would rather have someone
experienced fix my emate when the time comes. In the meantime, did I
do the right thing lubricating it or have I made it worse? If I'd
thought about it i'd have taken a pic for your evaluation purposes but
I didn't, and don't want to take it apart again.

Any input would be appreciated.

Clinton
cyelvington (at) gmail (dot) com