[NTLK] Problems connecting by serial cable.

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Tue Dec 15 16:17:41 EST 2009

On 12/14/09, Don Zahniser wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:05:42 -0500, Edward Kenworthy wrote:
>
>> 1st gen Mac Pro, Snow Leopard and NCX-34.
>>
>> I have been trying to initiate the connection from the Newt side
>> (dock->connect using serial). Didn't know there was another way.
>
>There isn't, but I wanted to make sure that was understood.
>
>As far as other software/connectivity issues go, I'm working on a Pismo,
>under Tiger, with a generic USB-serial adapter, so there could be some
>differences between what we each see.

Hmppf - Hit the 'Send too soon' button, and it didn't get back to me
from the list for over 24 hours!

What I was going to comment on was that, if you haven't already, you
should check the NCX preferences to make sure that your USB-Serial
adapter is selected.  My Pismo has IRDA capability, and it gets
automatically selected if I am disconnected from my USB hub when I
launch NCX.  It does correctly select my USB-serial adapter's driver
when I reconnect to the hub and relaunch NCX, but YMMV.

Also, try running NCX while the Console is open.  You may be able to
glean some information from the messages that NCX puts in the log while
it is running.