[NTLK] Removing stripped screw - eMate 300/Arrives!!!!

Timothy Chaten tchaten at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:10:28 EST 2009

Hello all,

I received my very first Newton OS based device the eMate 300 today!!

I have to say I absolutely love it!!!!

What a joy to use and surprisingly the screen looks like its never been used
and the whole device looks mint - and it was just $30 shipping included - I
can't believe the amazing price these go for these days!!!

My first question is that one of the battery door screws is a stripped screw
- I managed to get off the door by removing the other screw and forcing the
door off but the screw and the immediate 1cm around it of plastic is still
on it and separated from the door - I am wondering is there a way to get
that screw off and just replace the whole door.

The unit is still great and not that big of a deal but - would love to get
it all fixed up :) OCD about those sorta things :) -

--
Thanks in Advance

Tim