[NTLK] Mad at Apple

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Thu Dec 31 22:48:19 EST 2009

Clu wrote:
> So how did you get it to work?  There are reports all throughout the
> internet of it not working.
>
> Again congrats on getting yours to work.
>
> More on topic here, why has the Newton community not gotten on to
> Apple about the E-mate?

>> WTF? I don't have any problems with Mac OS 10.4.11 and the modems
>> built
>> in to my G4 & G5 iMacs. So it is NOT confirmed; it is a personal
>> problem. Take your Mac into an Apple Store to have it fixed.

Well, on the G4 I started out with 10.1, and upgraded through 10.2,
10.3, and on up to 10.4.11. Never had a problem, in fact I still use the
modem when my broadband goes down, though that is very infrequent. The
G5 came with 10.3.9 installed but had a drop-in copy of 10.4 Update (you
know the one that checks for 10.3 installation before it will install).
Again, I haven't had any problems with it. That is why I suspect you
have a problem with your computer.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney