Re: [NTLK] Newton Screen Test - Take 3

From: Ken Whitcomb <ken_at_imageguild.com>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 10:57:10 EST

It is my understanding that this layout was created to intentionally
slow down typists finger movements because it was possible to to type
so fast that the mechanical arms could not retreat out of the path of
the next arm without having them hit each other. Solve one problem,
create another! Not that the mechanics that created manual typewriters
could have seen the advent of electric typewriters let alone computers
with keyboards.