Re: [NTLK] NEEDED: cables

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 02:51:21 EST

I've never seen a pc use use a mini din for serial. If they did they weren't wide spread in the consumer arena, probably special applications only. Most pc's used de-9 and db-25 dsub connectors. So you'd need the mini din to de-9 newt cable(sometimes incorrectly called a db-9) and a de-9 /usb adapter which is cheap and readily available. You could also use a mini din to mini din cable with a mini din/usb adapter but I haven't seen those in stores as much. I use the mini din to de-9 cable with a de-9/usb adapter with no problems myself. Hth
Joe Reilly