Re: [NTLK] Keyboard Repairs?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 03:17:30 EST

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:57 AM, brett johnson <brettjohnson837@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, my question is, does anyone know how to repair the keys
> or know any tricks to get them working?Thanks

I don't have any answers, only suggestions. The first thing I would
check are the pins on the plug. Make sure they are all straight, and
able to plug in. Having a bent pin just might make a few keys not
work.

Secondly, if this keyboard is anything like the Duo keyboards which
they are very similar to externally, then you will have problems. It
seems the membrane underneath wears out, or oxidizes, or something.
Sometimes, a gentle touch with an eraser on the traces below the
non-working keys can buy you some time, but in my experience, once a
key starts to go bad, there is no long-term hope for it. I have also
tried electronics cleaner to no avail. You might be better served
looking for a working keyboard. They are nice when they work, if a bit
noisy.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland