Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Connectkit?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Feb 07 2009 - 23:24:34 EST

There have been complaints in the past about Ferdie and Newton Sales,
but it seems that he does deliver.
Be sure to confirm all costs including shipping and insurance.
On the site the dongle killer is listed ad $85.

You could consider replacing your main logic board at J&K sales, $35
for motherboard and $15 for installation if you need it.

I still use my Newton daily and connect to my home network and Mac
running 10.5 via ethernet, wired and wifi.
I usually use email to transfer documents to my Mac for printing which
would work equally well it you had linux or windows.
With the mac you can also use NCX to transfer documents via ethernet.

If the printers on your work network were postscript then the newton
could possibly print directly to them via ethernet.

I and others on this list can provide necessary drivers via card
lending program.
I have had good luck with the Lucent wavelan turbo silver, avoid
Bronze as it does not support WEP. Many other cards work.
I use the 3com Megahertz 3CXE589ET xjack LAN card with success. I've
seen pretty good prices on ebay for wifi cards and I have a LAN card I
would sell.

Woody

Contact me off list to arrange loaner card.