Re: [NTLK] 2010 time/date bug

From: BobR <newttalk_at_old-sock.co.uk>
Date: Sat Feb 14 2009 - 06:52:16 EST

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 1:57 AM, BobR <newttalk@old-sock.co.uk> wrote:
>> Setting the date past 2010 made the eMate return gracefully to 1995.
>> No data lost.
>>
> Question. Did you have calendar event in dates after 2010? When I
> tried it, my Newton didn't blow up until I added calendar events.
> Without those, you haven't really stress-tested your Newtons. Try
> adding dates--including repeating ones that start before 2010 and ones
> that start after), and see what happens.
> --
> -Jon Glass

Happy to test that. So I added 2 recurring events, weekly and annual for
30-years. This caused 2 problems:

1. Doing a Date/Show/Year/Overview/Scroll-down into 2015 caused a reboot.
The eMate restarted normally. I tried this several times, and each time it
auto-rebooted. Just once it offered a data erase on restart, which I
declined. No data lost.

2. Setting the date to near or beyond the 2010 rollover caused a hang.
Poking the reset restarted the eMate to 1995. Repeated this a few times.
Once it didn't hang and just reset itself to 1995. No data lost.

(None of my tests have used a memory card, or used 3rd party Apps.)

BobR.