Re: [NTLK] More-Re: 2010 time/date bug

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 03:38:28 EST

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:54 AM, L.W. Brown <lwb@mac.com> wrote:
> Also - why were some people referencing date other than 1/1/10? Was
> that just when their appointments were, or is the actual bad day in
> 2010 =after= 1/1? In other words, do we need to test other dates?

When I tried the test on my Newton some years ago, I simply moved the
year forward to 2010, on whatever date it was--sometime in early
spring, I believe--March? Maybe Feb.... And that's when my poor Newton
blew up. I had many repeating dates, but adding a new date was what
caused the loop. BTW, I forgot, but I had just about every datebook
manager installed at the time. That may have had something to do with
it...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland