Re: [NTLK] Newton History

From: Frank Lowney <frank.lowney_at_gcsu.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 17:28:53 EST

On Feb 20, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Frank Lowney
> <frank.lowney@gcsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I've been trying to track down/obtain one or both of the videos that
>> John Sculley commissioned to explain and illustrate his Knowledge
>> Navigator concept. Any and all leads will be appreciated.
>> The videos are mentioned here:
>>
>> http://lowendmac.com/orchard/06/john-sculley-newton-origin.html
>>
>> ... as well as a bunch of other interesting things that will be of
>> interest here. Enjoy!
>
> A low quality version of one of the Knowledge Navigator videos has
> been on UNNA for years:
>
> <http://www.unna.org/view.php?/movies/Apple/KnowledgeNavigator>
>
> Please let me know if you find a higher quality version anywhere.

Yes, that's the one that is generally available almost everywhere I
look. Someone with access to the film source could remake this using
H.264 and the result might be quite stunning. I can play this one back
at 2X without too much degradation and that may have to do for now.

I also found a brief piece (TV spot ad length) I call "Park Bench"
because that's the setting. This is not on UNNA.

I don't know if this Park Bench spot is the second of the two videos
Sculley commissioned or not. Any help on that question is appreciated.

With the iTunes.app, you can subscribe yo the channel containing these
videos with one click with:

itpc://podcasting.gcsu.edu/4dcgi/podcasting/gcsu/channels32267/4126.xml

... or two clicks with:

http://podcasting.gcsu.edu/4dcgi/podcasting/gcsu/channels32267/4126.xml

> Morgan Aldridge
> ---
> morgant@makkintosshu.com
> http://www.makkintosshu.com/

Dr. Frank Lowney Georgia College & State University
     Senior Director for External Projects
        and Assistant to the Director, Digital Innovation Group @
Georgia College
     Web Enabled Resources,
     GCSU Library and Instructional Technology Center
     E-Mail: frank.lowney@gcsu.edu -- frank.lowney@me.com
     Professional Pages: http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~flowney
Voice: (478) 445-5260
NOTICE: Please be advised that I am hearing impaired and communicate
most effectively via e-mail. Follow-up summaries of telephone
conversations by e-mail are most appreciated.