Re: [NTLK] NPDS and Works?

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 17:28:13 EST

I used to run a NPDS server. First in my spare 2100 till the jaggies got to
bad for even that and then in my Emate. It does indeed have the ability to
display notes but as far as I know, like you said, no way to serve works. I
would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the depth and breadth of
Newton. It is very cool to fire up the server and show it to a non
Newtoneer.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

SteveC wrote:
<snip>
Thinking about another way to read/write my Works papers with my eMate. What
about using NPDS to get stuff from the eMate, using it as a server instead
of a client? Looking at the docs on http://npds.free.fr/docs/ it looks like
Notes can be done, but not necessarily works.
<snip>