Re: [NTLK] offset/alignment problem on 2100

From: Robert Wade <rjwade_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 10:50:17 EST

> From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
> Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 15:37:00 EST
> Yeah - do a search on that - the discussions are several & lengthy...
> If cleaning, doesn't work, shaving the bezel might remove excess
> pressure. Or, a new screen...
>
> On 29. Dec., 2008, at 11:46 AM, Marisa Giancarla wrote:
>
> > That is what is called the "jaggies". It is usually due to dirt
> > working it's way inbetween the screen and case edges, and if you
> > can't clean it out you are basically stuck...

"Jaggies" was the search term I needed. It's become apparent that the
Newton is going to have to come apart as light pressure to the sides
of the enclosure will relieve the symptoms. There's a little dirt or
something trapped in there.

'preciate the help!

"I teleported home last night with Ron and Sid and Meg
Ron stole Meggy's heart away and I got Sidney's leg."

Robert Wade
rjwade@gmail.com
apeculiarplace.com