Re: [NTLK] It {wa}s the Fix

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 14:40:58 EST

~~~ On 2009/01/05 17:17, Jon Glass at jonglass@usa.net wrote ~~~

> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Who me? I'm just a groundhog, with no standing in the scientific community.
>
> Groundhog=guinea pig=laboratory rat.... You, sir, are the beast upon
> which the experiment must be performed. Go do your duty as this lab's
> rat... ;-)

No, no, NO! We groundhogs are noble creatures, ground squirrels in fact,
also referred to in Europe as marmots. And as everyone knows we are
predictors of the weather and the seasons. Our scientific classification is
Marmota monax. We cannot be equated to guinea pigs (Cavia porcellus); still
less with the laboratory rat (Rattus norvegicus). So you see, we cannot be
the subject of the experiment on the grounds of being the wrong species.

However, logic also undermines your intention. Properly speaking, your
equation means that the experiment with the 2010 Fix should be carried out
on *me*. But how? I do not have any version of the ARM processor, nor do
I operate with any version of the Newton Operating System. The only things
I could do with the Fix are either to print it out and swallow it, or to
memorize it. I feel confident that neither action would prove anything
regarding the Newton.

Likewise, your equation means it should not be carried out on my Newton.
And that's what I was saying all along.

Tsk, tsk! ;)

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl