Re: [NTLK] Letter from Steve Jobs

From: Norman Palardy <npalardy_at_great-white-software.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 11:04:44 EST

On 8-Jan-09, at 7:07 AM, Michael J. Hußmann wrote:

> Having said that, it is certainly true that Apple didn't make it too
> easy to get a Mac in Germany, and the dealers didn't always show much
> enthusiasm in selling their products (I remember trying to buy
> AppleTalk
> Remote Access and only the third dealer was willing, albeit
> reluctantly,
> to order it for me). Still, it wasn't quite as bad as you picture it,
> especially in Hamburg.

Apple behaved oddly then
In Canada, Apple Canada chose which models Apple USA produced that
they would even bring in to the country
So while the US had dozens of models of Performas, Canada had 3 or 4.
Powerbooks were the same and we never saw the 2400 series here at all.

Even if you went to the US and bought one and brought it back you'd
have had to take it to the US to get service.

I'm glad that schizophrenia is gone