Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: Joseph Reilly <reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jan 11 2009 - 09:41:55 EST

Apple locking the iphone to AT&T is exactly why I have an iPod touch
coming in
the mail. I wouldn't mind contracting for an iphone as long as it's
not AT&T, I had problems
with them in the past and won't use they're service again. I used to
carry a classic ipod so adjusting to the
ipod touch won't be an issue especially if I can transfer some of my
newton tasks to it, I love my newt but it is a brick
and I'm not as attached to the HWR as some folks so I think I can
work the ipod touch into an iNewt with the
right software and setup.

It's nice they give you the option in Greece to get an unlocked
iphone even if it is an
outrageous price. I just don't want to deal with having to jailbreak
an iphone after every update, I don't want to
have to tinker with my devices to get them to work. Thats why I got
away from windows, and why I didn't like
linux when I first tried it years ago, too much tinkering with the
system when I'm trying to get work done
(although linux is better now but you still have to tinker a bit). I
like my apple computers/gadgets because
I don't have to tinker with them very much, except setting up wifi on
my newt.... that was.. fun.

J.Reilly