Re: [NTLK] Redefining the Newton

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Jan 11 2009 - 14:48:58 EST

On 11.01.2009, at 04:41, James Fraser wrote:

> When I move my fingers, I notice my tendons flex in my wrists. So
> is there something that could be worn around the wrist that could
> monitor the tendons that pass through the wrist and send those
> signals to the Newton via Bluetooth?

Monitoring the elctricity that goes to the muscle is not working well
at all through the skin. Tendo tension could be meaure, but would
createissues with your skin again due to the constant contact.

One handheld keyboard was already mentioned, but there are many more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorded_keyboard

Some of them are actually quite usable, but they all have a steep
learning curve, especially if you have to switch between a regular
keyboard and the handheld one, for example due to USB port
restrictions at your job, or the need for international characters, or
hard-to-reach characters on cording keyboars, like the square and
curly brackets for NewtonScript (or C++) programmers.

----
http://robowerk.com/