[NTLK] OT: Help Requested for older Mac OS

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 18:27:39 EST

Greetings NTLK Crew,
I'm on a short project right now clearing up the basement and I am right not
working on a Power Macintosh 6400/200 (aka Performa).
Unfortunately this Mac is not booting and I'm unsure why other than getting
the blinking floppy icon.
I'm trying to get the appropriate Mac OS installed and having issues since
I'm very limited with original copies I have at this time.

I have tried to boot OS 9.2.1 which will not work from my searches or may
have issues if I'm able.
9.1 will not boot also because it gives me the same message I get trying to
to install 9.2.1
I have somewhere a original of 9.0.4 that came with the PISMO but am unable
to find it.
I've tried also 8.6 original I dug up which was for the iMac Lime I had but
that too failed to install.

I had on floppy which I think is like 7.0 but that will not work either...
I'm under the impression that 7.5 or 7.5.5 will install but am unable to
easily get a set of install floppies created.
Just wondering what's the easiest way to do this.
I have my Color Classic with 7.5.5 but I'm not sure what to do through that
Mac. Got no CD-ROM working on that either at this time yet. Though I do have
a Lacie 4x/12/ burneron the side I've never used yet.
I've got IE 2.0 on the Color Classic and maybe could download on that in
make floppies.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and especially if you've got floppies
to install from for me ^_^
Anyway the semi Newton connected fact is that this is just a spare Mac
workstation I want to use for Newton connectivity and backup/restore/repair
use I rarely do now a days :-P

Local people welcome and anyone else elsewhere also :) who can help me out
here... please!

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung