Re: [NTLK] Is iPod Touch the Newtons future?

From: Ken Whitcomb <ken_at_imageguild.com>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2009 - 22:25:59 EST

Gisela,
All I can say about the gloves is that you need to try them.

As for your other rant, I need to clarify one point. The i7100
BlackBerry (Nextel) that I use does allow the user to "Delete Quoted
Text" when replying to an email message. It is a menu item available
from the thumbwheel. It also allows the user to select and copy
portions of text, but I rarely use this feature unless I'm copying
from an email to put into my address book.

As a matter of practice, I typically include quoted text when replying
to messages, even from a notebook or desktop computer (except for
things like the list signature I've removed from the quote below). My
desire is to preserve the context of the conversation. While I
appreciate how you've given me the benefit of the doubt, when using my
BB for email, I tend to be lazy. :)

So for my purposes, there is very little difference in how I would
reply to email messages from an iPhone or my BlackBerry. In both
cases, neither matches how I use my Newton for email. They're just all
different, as is how I use my computer when composing and replying to
email messages.

best,

ken