Re: [NTLK] Closer to getting a Touch

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 15:34:18 EST

Sigh... yeh. :)

I still like the joke I once heard about a guy with the "Apple Paperpad"

You take notes on it, you can scribble on it, and hey, want a print out
of the note? (At which point he takes the top paper off the top and
hands it to someone) There you go! Convenient eh? :D

The Newton (and PDA's) add hundreds of dollars of material, expensive
batteries, start up and shut down times, and times syncing to printers
to add five times more to the act of writing on pen and paper.

What the PDA's do WELL however on the other side is give a portable form
to VOLUMES of books and information, as well as the combined saved space
of a roladex, calculator, voice recorder, game machine, and yes, even
note taker.