Re: [NTLK] Happy 25th Mac anniversary!

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 09:25:20 EST

From: M. Horvat

Today, 25 years ago, the 128-kilobyte Macintosh computer first went on
sale. Are you going to celebrate this spectacular event in any way? Me,
I'm going to wear an Apple T-shirt today.
I didn't realize it was the 25th anniversary.

I did get pointed to a site that had the 5 best and 5 worst Macs of all
time. What is funny is I had owned or tried all of them. :)

I spent all Sunday and some of Saturday fixing a 17" Macintosh Aluminum
G4 1 ghz computer that a friend of mine had given me because he had new
laptop and this one had the power supply tip broken off in the power
port. A new power board and new tip for the power supply (help from dad
on the latter), and a new OS install and I was in business. And I
looked at and loaded tons of old files.

One file is my "Mac log" that I write in every time I have something
significant happen in the Mac world. I made an entry in 1988 when I got
my Mac 128K, when I got major appliances for it, like a 20 mg hard
drive, and jumps when I got the Mac Plus, Macintosh 575 Performa, the G3
Wallstreets, my jump to the G4 quicksilver and 12" aluminum laptop, and
other events. A lot of fun. Basically a 20 year log.

And for some reason I was playing Cap'n Magneto, the new version for OS
X. That was fun. Glad that game from the earliest Macintosh days has
had an update:
http://www.capnmagneto.com/

So not even realizing it was the 25th anniversary, I celebrated.