Re: [NTLK] DNS Not Working?

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 07:24:37 EST

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:10 PM, SteveCraft <steve@craftsathome.net> wrote:

> From my 4mb eMate, I FTP'd with the Tactile client to 17.254.0.79 and got an
> FTP site to browse through.
>
> If I try to FTP by name to ftp.apple.com, no go. I can't get DNS resolution.
>
> I have manually set my TCP/IP options and can get to things fine, as long as
> I don't use the name.
>
> I have a Windows machine on the same network and it can resolve names fine.
> So I think there must be some kind of problem with how the eMate is doing
> name resolution.
>
> Any suggestions?

Did you manually configure your TCP/IP settings or are you using DHCP?
You might try manually entering your DNS server in either case.

Also, you should probably install Paul Guyot's "NIE Patch" which fixes
a DNS caching bug in NIE. See <http://www.kallisys.com/>.

Hope that helps,

Morgan Aldridge

---