[NTLK] A rant

From: M. Horvat <redjazz_slo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 12:56:04 EDT

I am so sick of those packages which are labeled as "1.x compatible" but then when I try to install one, it gives my a -10401 error - which only occurs when you try to install a 2.x package onto a 1.x system - I've experienced it BY FAR too much when I tried to install a lot of cool-sounding apps and games onto my Newton but was then disappointed because the package was 2.x only. Today's particular example was GPSMap: I tried both the Lite and Demo versions from the archived website at UNNA that were marked as "compatible with any Newton with OS 1.3 or above". Yet I encountered a -10401 error. How ironic - my Newton is a 120/1.3.

Does anyone have a TRULY 1.x-compatible version of GPSMap?

-Matej Horvat