Re: [NTLK] Newton holsters [WAS: "Re: i-Poll - update"]

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 20:07:07 EDT

Phil Muller wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Dennis B. Swaney <romad@aol.com> wrote:
>> The Newt Boot I ordered arrived today, 6 Jul 09.
>
>> http://homepage.mac.com/colleenthompson/newtboot.html
>
> Can you please posts your initial impressions of this case. I am currently
> using a hack up handbag I modded to suit my newt case needs and would be
> very interested in you thoughts about ease of use (speed) and overall space.

Phil, I'm going to assume that you saw the photos at
http://matthews.feckov.org/NewtBoot/

There are 2 zippered compartments; the Newton goes in the back one. A
2100 requires a very slight stretching to get it in. If you remove the
stylus and open the cover before you put the Newton in the case, you can
use it while it is in the case.

The front compartment has a left and right side. The right side has 2
pen/pencil/stylus holders and 2 small pockets that hold a PC Card
(without its plastic storage case). The left side is just about 5" wide,
7" high, 1" deep and is totally open. You can use this for the charger,
serial cable, AA battery tray, etc. Personally, I would prefer it had a
mesh cover attached on 3 sides.

There is a strap for carrying the case over your shoulder and outside on
the front is a thin pocket for tickets, passport, or other small paperwork.

This is based on only a couple hour review; I'll see how it works when I
go to WWNC2009 in 3 weeks.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney