Re: [NTLK] WWNC2009 Updates

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 22:23:47 EDT

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Larry Yaeger <lsynt2@beanblossom.in.us>wrote:
> I'll try to bring along a PenLite, one of the abortive pen-based Mac
> projects I worked on. (I just need to get it boxed up so I can both carry
> it and feel that it's safe.)

Oh Larry, that's one of the few things that I was able to get a picture of
finally from a seller on eBay. But what I would give if I could attend and
see this up close and in person. :(

I've got a tethered Newton developer board somewhere too, if I can just find
> it, but I don't know if it can be made transportable. I'll try, though. I
> seriously doubt I can get them to actually function at this point, but
> they're interesting artifacts that not everyone may have seen.

Ah another thing that would be so great to see in person too.
It's tough already to get one of there, let alone the past discussions on
getting one up and running and especially regarding the software to run this
let alone the proper Newton to tether it to.

Wow, I'd love to have these so that I could get a series of photos of them -
Larry anyway you could send my way a photo set for my person Newton Flickr
Photostream, of course I'd link then into the Newton Group on Flickr along
with the proper annotation from whom they were given and used by permission
of ^_^. (maybe?) If you're able send them my way as BIG as gmail can handle
them :D

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung