Re: [NTLK] Battery tray "replica" - is there interest?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 22:07:12 EDT

While this is a terrible problem if it happens to you it is not the
most serious threat to our newtons. Yours is the only case that I
have heard of. While I don't blame you and others for choosing to go
with a battery sled and charge your cells externally, this is an
awkward ( though doable) solution for eMate users.

There have been far more reports of broken displays, broken port doors
cutting the digitizer ribbon, jaggies, theft, etc.

I believe that the only way to protect your Newton experience is to
back up early and backup often and to keep a flash card with a copy of
DataRescue installed.

I will continue to re-cell my battery packs and charge them with
Newton labeled power adapters.

My $.02 worth.

Woody