Re: [NTLK] When was the last time you saw another Newton

From: Josef Chessor <josefcub_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 10:56:26 EDT

I'm always the odd man out. I last spotted a Newton in the wild in
June of 1996, and that was a friend's Newton MP100, identical to my
OMP in form. Other than that, I'm the only one who uses things like
Newtons. I'm also the only Linux user I know in the "real world", the
only Mac user in the "real world", and a whole lot of other onlies.

My Newtons (and other gadgets) always get gobs of question-asking
regular people whenever I keep them on me in public. It's like no
one's ever seen anything other than a beige-box PC or Dell laptop
before.

 It gets lonely being the resident weirdo. ;)

As an aside, my OMP still gets my handwriting correct far better than
my MP2100. I've always found that disturbing, but ironic at the same
time.

--
"I laugh because I dare not cry.  This is a crazy world
 and the only way to enjoy it is to treat it as a joke."