Re: [NTLK] When was the last time you saw another Newton

From: Phil Muller <wndrstrck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 11:16:40 EDT

I vividly remember the first and last time I ever saw a Newton in real life.
It is of course the defining moment in my now uncontrollable obsession with
everything Newton. I had just started a new computer program at my local
college, and already by then was totally enamoured with all gadgets big and
small, especially small ones.
I had just purchased my first PDA of sorts, "even though it really didn't
assist with anything other than waste time." It was of course Windows CE
based and crashed more than I care to recall but I loved it none the less,
that is until I met the Director Lingo Professor. One day during a
particularly tedious class, I believe he was trying to explain object
oriented programming, he whips out the most magnificent piece of technology
I have ever laid eyes on, a Newton Messagepad 2100. I was in awe, even
though it was larger than mine and not color, it had me from the moment I
touched it. He began to explain as only a Newton enthusiast can that the
wonderful features were far ahead of their time and couldn't be compard to
anthing else of that time or near future. I was now ashamed of my current
iteration of a pda and coveted the dear newton for over 6 years until such
time as I was able to acquire my own. All I can say now is that it was well
worth the wait!

Phil Muller
Newton Enthusiast