Re: [NTLK] More MacPad Rumors

From: PaulMmn <PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 09:43:53 EDT

Reilly--

I think Steve Jobs' main claim to fame is not as a pitch man
(although he's very good at that), but as a technophobe's best
friend. Apples most recent products took Apple into product realms
where the products were usable, but not user-friendly. Apple
examined the products available, took the best features, then
designed a user interface that made the products both usable and
user-friendly! I submit the iMac line(s), the iPod, the iPhone, and
the iPadTouch as examples.

I suspect that video on the iPod was delayed to make sure that
running a video wouldn't run down the battery excessively fast!

I do agree that making a battery user-replaceable would be A Good
Thing. However, I suspect that batteries in current products are
custome-shaped to fit odd spaces that commonly available batteries
wouldn't fit. Plus, you can save a LOT of space if your battery
doesn't have to have any kind of shell to hold a collection of cells
together, and if you don't have to have a 'compartment' to hold a
battery, along with a lid, contacts, &c.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.nospam.com