Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 02:07:38 EDT

> I've always
loved Palm products but thought their products improved only
marginally with each new iteration of Palm devices, I eagerly awaited
them, only to be both elated and disappointed.

I felt the exact same way when I had my treos (and I had a tungsten once too). Hardware innovation/upgrades were slow and software innovation/upgrades or even simple improvements were nonexistent. So it really doesn't matter how good the pre is, the real question is: Has Palm, as a company, changed their ways? Are they actually going to update their hardware and especially their software in a reasonable time frame, no more palm OS 5 forever crap. That's the question I'd ask myself before I thought about jumping in bed with them again because if they put webOS V1 on the next 3 future pre models before they update the OS that's just the same old garbage they did with palm OS. And what about upgrading older devices' system software? None of the ones I had could take an upgrade, was there ever a palm that could take an OS upgrade? My iPod touch has had two system software upgrades already and apple (while not perfect either) has delivered those upgrades in a timely fashion and with a decent amount of new feature
s even for my 1st gen unit that's gotten fewer new features with each upgrade than the other iDevices. I would probably wait and watch palm for the first couple generations of the pre and see how the "New" palm operates or you might be disappointed if they go back to there old tricks.

Joe Reilly