Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 14:29:01 EDT

Reilly001os@aol.com wrote:

> I hope they come back and return to the Palm Computing of old, but I'll believe it when I see it as the modern Palm Inc (PalmOne) has lost my trust.

That is PRECISELY why Palm is now a non-player: They split into separate
hardware and software companies. Then when the software part wouldn't
provide the Palm OS anymore, the hardware part went with Windoze Mobile.
If the two components would merge back into one company, then maybe they
have a chance to survive.

A hardware company that doesn't control the software and a software
company that doesn't control the hardware can't innovate as they depend
on outsiders that don't share their vision.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney