Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 20:44:57 EDT

Please bear with me but I've never used a Palm OS device before, but it is an
interesting discussion, even for a bystander.

If the OS works for its users, why does there have to be an endless treadmill of
upgrades and new versions? What was so wrong with Palm OS that it became a
"dead horse?" I thought the point of POS was that it was minimalist and simple.
Isn't that a recipe for upgrades to be few and far between?

Cheers

Tony

[snip]they put a lot of .x and .x.y numbers behind the dead horse that is palm
OS 5
 (which they are STILL beating today) so I'll trust they have changed when I see
V2 and V3 in the same decade (they've been beating OS 5 for going on 6 years
after all).[snip]