Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 01:00:50 EDT

> True enough, but from the point of view of the end-user, the
> distinction is useless, isn't it?

No not entirely. Since the ability exisits, even if it's not available
from the factory, it can be accessed with the right modifications.
While I'm sure that the jailbroken multitasking isn't as optimized as
official mutiltasking would be it is useful still. Plus jailbreaking
an iPod touch was much simpler than I expected and well within the
technical knowledge of the average non tech user give the currently
available options.
While it's not an official capability of the iDevices it is an
available one which is a very important distinction, just like the Pre
doesn't have official third party apps yet but some folks have already
figured out how to get apps built and on it.

Joe Reilly

Sent from my iPod