Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 19:18:57 EDT

Thanks...

We all understand the challenges with allowing a truly mobile, multi-tasking OS. What we are wanting is an OS that is truly mobile, that multi-tasks across the board. What we are complaining about is that the fact that the iPhone OS does not allow for this/Apple has not found a way to provide us with this without compromising performance/battery life... or, Apple just does not want this in their mobile platform for the foreseeable future.

And now that the Palm Pre has launched, there is finally some competition for the iPhone. If the Pre had a virtual keyboard and a bit bigger screen, I would dump the iPhone in a second for it: the multi-tasking OS is superior, and battery life is about the same or slightly better than the iPhone. As for the iPhone's superior app store, it is fun, but like most working adults, I am tied to Email and my phone most of the time, and that is all I really need.

My 3 cents.