Re: [NTLK] USB-Serial connection

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 02:24:41 EDT

Phil

I have connected to a Windows PC serially but didn't use a USB-Serial Adapter.
After reading all the discussions about the keyspan for Macs I wanted to avoid
the risk that the adapter's driver would create further incompatibilities. So I
went with putting a serial adapter into one of my spare slots. Didn't need
additional drivers and worked with NCU with the minimum of configuration
required.

Is there anyone on Newtontalk using a USB-Serial Adapter on a Wintel machine?

On the existence of a guide, there is one here:
http://myapplenewton.blogspot.com/2006/01/connecting-to-pc-and-backups.html

But I don't know how definitive it is though.

Cheers

Tony

[snip]
 Connecting Newton to
Desktop - Windows: The Definitive Guide.

Phil Muller
Newton Enthusiast
110-130-2000-2000U