Re: [NTLK] Apple Tablet Probably Imminent

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 21:59:06 EDT

Yeah, and imagine that it is also beyond the price point of 93% of most people...
I have to agree with most people out there when it comes to a netbook.
I have the Dell Mini 9 inch. It's a great machine...and Ubuntu, a real pain to administrate works OK as long as I don't have to drop to a command line.
But you know what? beyond using it for nothing more than a web machine, or some minimal office stuff, I really don't use it much. It's slow, it runs out of steam way too early...and the small screen just doesn't seem to fit alot of full featured websites. And don't get me started with that cramped keyboard! What was Dell thinking, locating the single quote in such an awkward place?
But for sitting on the arm of my sofa and using it to view webpages while watching G4, it's just about the perfect device.
Ed
web/gadget guru
By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."