Re: [NTLK] Y2010 Bug and Einstein

From: Matthias Melcher <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Jul 26 2009 - 10:19:50 EDT

On 26.07.2009, at 12:43, Tony Kan wrote:

> Just a thought, may be its already been discussed but I missed it,
> but how does
> the Y2010 bug impact Einstein, if at all?

Yes, it will have the same impact that it has on the physical
machines. Einstein does not support patches, but AFAIK it should be
possible to download an already patched ROM from a physical Newton and
use the new image.

If everything else fail, Eckhart will likely be able to help us out
here and let me know which ROM addresses need to be patched. We can
then implement an automatic patcher into Einstein.

Matthias