Re: [NTLK] Graphics to MacOS X serially?

From: David Neale <david.neale_at_telenet.be>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 04:52:45 EDT

Andy,

yes, it does all seem far too complex, doesn't it? I'd very much like
to be able to use the more simple DHCP solution, but I've tried this
and it, too, fails, as I have described in a number of other messages
here. Believe me, I've followed all of the instructions I could find
on the Web: they all seem to use slightly different methods, suggest
different packages, and provide different addresses, based, presumably
on their own particular configurations of hard- and software, but
without adequate explanation of as to how these addresses are arrived
at (they might well be adequate for somebody who knows about such
technical terminology, but for an ordinary user, it's just mumbo-
jumbo). Anyway, with patience and a lot of testing, I'm sure I shall
arrive at a solution. Woody's suggestion that the problem might lie
with the parameters for the Lucent Technologies WiFi card looks a
promising route, as he uses a hexadecimal access code, whereas I use a
character string -- that might be a significant difference and I shall
be stesting that today.

David