Re: [NTLK] Cellular modem and phone-to-modem questions

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 09:09:03 EDT

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Andy Hill <adhill@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> I tried and tried...to get the Newt to dial up a connection via a PICO
> card and bluetooth to a mobile phone. The farthest I got was that the
> phone started to dial up but the Newt then kept on turning itself off at
> this point. I did exchange some email correspondence with Eckhart about
> it but never got to resolve it.

I used my MessagePad 2100 w/my Motorola v710 & v730 via Bluetooth
(Blunt 0.7.6 and a PICO card) when I was still on Verizon Wireless.
Since switching to UNICEL (and now AT&T), I've gotten it close to
connecting with my Motorola RAZR (it goes through the connection
process, but disconnects when the process is successful instead of
staying connected) over GSM/EDGE, but it's not quite there.

I need to spend more time troubleshooting that, but it should be
entirely possible, esp. since Eckhart tested that in Europe which uses
GSM.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com