Re: [NTLK] Cellular modem and phone-to-modem questions

From: Scott Hoffman <hoffo_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 01:21:25 EDT

Greetings all,
       Thank you for your replies - I think the best bet for wireless
over cellular connectivity (realistically) would be to
simply use a PCMCIA card modem, as most of the cell phones and modems
of Newton-era vintage are / were analog and
and thus no longer able to be used. I'm now seeking one of those
Globe Trotter modems - which models were/are
compatible?
       With regards to satellite connectivity, I imagine it has been
experimented with in the past... any ideas on equipment?

       Thanks again for all your help and hopefully I'll get this
thing working.

       Scott

PS I'm not giving up on the Nokia card and data cable - just need to
get hold of a compatible phone...